With only a couple of weeks until the summer holidays, many of you will be thinking about how to entertain the little ones over the coming weeks. If you’re lucky enough to live in Cornwall, or are planning a visit, here are some great ideas for keeping the children happy…..and you sane.
1) Beach fun – grab a bucket and spade, a blanket, snacks and sun cream and head to one of Cornwall’s magnificent beaches. Collect shells, make sandcastles, splash in the sea, run around with the sand between your toes.
2) Cycle – There are some incredible cycle routes for all abilities across Cornwall. It’s a great way to spend the day. Choose from tree-lined river to moorland or water front. Check out your options here:
3) Wood Walk – Although many families make a beeline for the beach on a trip around the Duchy, there are also some wonderful wood walks. A couple of our favourites are Cardinham and Respryn, perfect for making magical memories.
4) Pasty Picnic – You’re spoilt for choice when it comes to stunning, scenic spots to take time out and enjoy the local delicacies. Why not venture up to the highest points in Cornwall; Brown Willy and Rough Tor for magnificent views while you tuck into a large steak pasty?
5) Dairyland Farm World – take advantage of the free 7-day return so you make sure you experience every corner of the attraction. From pony rides and pat-a-pet to demon drops and vintage vehicles, there’s so much to do, even if the British weather decides to do its worst!
Happy holidays all!