Most of us look forward to that break in the school term when we can spend quality, family time together. However, I’m not sure if it’s just our family, but there are a few eventualities that are just a ‘dead cert’ as soon as the kids break up!
• Bad weather – no matter how balmy the week before the school holidays is, you can guarantee that mother nature decides it’s time for a challenge just as the school bell goes.
• Illness – having given yourself a high five for your child’s near 100% attendance at school this term, you can be sure that those germs will make an appearance just as term ends.
• Mood Swings – Maybe it’s just a change in routine, but often the holidays can bring out some behavioural traits in the family that mean the carpet on the naughty step is looking rather thin.
• Tiredness – trying to cram in as much as possible is a tiring business. Combine that with later nights to bed and you can expect frequent car naps and occasional grizzle but don’t expect a lie-in in the mornings.
• Time Racing – how come a day at work can seem like a week, yet the school holidays seem to fly by in the blink of an eye?
Luckily, there are some good things that are guaranteed too, like a great day out at Dairyland. With so much to do, whatever the weather, and free 7 day return – you can be sure that one thing will go right this school holiday. See you there!